The idea started more than 20 years ago, when me and my wife and group of friends decided that we needed it a "square", a meeting point where, with the excuse of "work", we could socialize between us and all the people that would come in the shop. We did discover, this way, our passion for food and thanks to the people's compliments we kept going even when we progressed in our lives. We went from Bassendean to Bayswater but the decision to come to Midland was dictated by the necessity to get away from the the city where expenses and increasing selfishness started to get ridiculous. We were on a mission and luckily we found this oasis just outside the town center, perfect to continue the main goal of the business: to provide an Italian sensation with good quality and generous meals at reasonable price. All of ours meals are part of our Italian background (apart from few pizzas on the menu there by popular demand) and all together they just a summary of a simple delicious dishes of the Mediterranean cuisine. The dining area is a new addition to the philosophy, less than a requirement, because there is nothing better and more rewarding than to see somebody taste your favorite food and like it.
- Trying to get the freshest supplies every week
- Juggle between love for food and economic viability (lost battle)
- Argue with family and friends to get a decent roster
- Compromise with the need to talk out loud and using our hands
- Judgmental with all of our meals from the kitchen and the oven
- Appreciate what my unrealistic wife does in the kitchen
- This type of sauce is available just to the old clients as it's been replace with the "Salmone" sauce.Traditional sauce from my hometown, does not come with cream, mushroom or chicken, just eggs, pancetta and pecorino cheese. Best eaten as dine-in as it looses fluidity in a very short time.
"Pasta sauces"They can be swapped but you will ruin typical italian dishes. It is against our religion and you're on your own
"Verde pizza"The spinach is boiled and cooked with garlic, chilli, butter and parmesan cheese and no... we cannot take any of these ingredients out once they're cooked
"Works pizza"It comes with Anchovied and Prawns. Does not contain Mussels anymore. Tins of smoked mussels never go off, which is not normal, so we do not use them. The Marinara pizza instead is provided with fresh mussels which are disposed of every 48 hours
"Gluten free pizza"Is available just on a large size and cost $4.50 more on of large size pizza. Keep in mind they difficult to cook especially if they have to many toppings
"BBQ Sauce and Pineapple"Are not part of any italian tradition, they are used in some pizzas and on your request. Love and Peace